Skip to toolbar
Notifications
Clear all

Old Man Running  

RSS
flabirder
(@flabirder)
Trusted Member

Old Man Running was on today & I noticed that when Mark says there's a rider approaching the house, it's Haskins in The Pet, not Samuel Gibbs. It is mentioned in the bloopers for the episode that it's Haskins riding away from the house. :coolcowboy:

Posted : 09/03/2019 4:35 pm
flabirder
(@flabirder)
Trusted Member

I just noticed something strange in Old Man Running. When Mark leaves Micah's office to to talk with his grandfather, it is broad daylight. Mark only spends a few minutes talking to his grandfather, however when he returns to Micah's office, it is dark outside.

Just curious, what kind of gun does Little Boy Sherman have? I've never seen a pistol with a long barrel like that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2019 1:26 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Admin

I just noticed something strange in Old Man Running. When Mark leaves Micah's office to to talk with his grandfather, it is broad daylight. Mark only spends a few minutes talking to his grandfather, however when he returns to Micah's office, it is dark outside.

Just curious, what kind of gun does Little Boy Sherman have? I've never seen a pistol with a long barrel like that.

I'll make note to check this out the daylight/night and get back to you with the link.

Wyatt Earp had a Colt Buntline Special which is a long-barreled variant of the Colt Single Action Army revolver. But I'm not sure what Little Boy Sherman had. I'm send some pictures to a friend of mine and see what he thinks.

While I was taking a picture of this, I thought this looked like Fritz Ford standing in for Lucas. Anybody?

"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/07/2019 4:03 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Here ya' go flabirder, thanks!

Old Man Running

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/07/2019 11:39 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

I just got an answer back.....

It looks like a Colt Buntline special with a 12" Barrel. From the photo it's hard to tell the length. The pistol was issued with both 12" and 16" barrels. The one is the attached picture looks like a 12" barrel. Probably the same gun used by Hugh O'Brien in Wyatt Earp.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2019 4:35 am
wildwest
(@wildwest)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Ranch Hand, Alumni

didn't the Judge in Eight Hours to Die have a long barreled pistol as well?

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2019 8:32 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Yes he did wildwest.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2019 9:16 am
wildwest
(@wildwest)

wonder why westerns changed up the pistols?? do you think a long barrel pistol looks more imposing?

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2019 3:06 pm
flabirder
(@flabirder)
Trusted Member

I never noticed the judge's pistol in Eight Hours to Die. I'll have to pay better attention the next time that episode is on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2019 6:57 pm
flabirder
(@flabirder)
Trusted Member

I was watching the episode and something struck me as odd. When Mark's grandfather is telling him about the night his mother died, he says it was 11 years ago. This is season 5 so Mark is 14 & that would have made him 3 years old & in Waste, Mark tells Micah he was only 3 when his mother died However, in one episode, it was said that Mark was 6 when his mother died. I wonder which is accurate, did Mark's mother die when he was 3 or when he was 6?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/05/2020 1:55 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

I don't think we'll ever know for sure Mark's age. We have questioned that often, but I guess it depended on the writer.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2020 5:38 am
wildwest
(@wildwest)

flabirder good point about Marks age. its as confusing as....how many miles is it to North Fork and how many shots were in the opening scene

Waste part 2 Mark said he was 3 when his Mother died

In The Vision Mark said he was 6 when his Mother died
Home Ranch Mark was 10 then they bought the ranch and assuming it took a couple of years of Lucas and Mark trip West
One Went to Denver Lucas says .."its been four years" so if Mark was 6 it confirms he is now 10
Old Man Running Sam Gibbs "it was 11 years ago" so was Mark 6 then??

I believe I heard Marks age in one episode as 15 but I forget that episode so he could have been around 17 in Old Man Running???

who really knows??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2020 9:18 am
flabirder
(@flabirder)
Trusted Member

Wouldn't it have been nice if the writers had looked at previous episodes before writing things that could be checked, such as how old Mark was when his mother died? I don't think the ranch was too far from town. I remember in Outlaw's Inheritance, Mark got the mail, rode home and back to school on his lunch break. I can't remember all of the episodes, but I believe there were a few where Lucas rode into town, back to the ranch & back to town & it was still light outside when he got back to town.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2020 1:23 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

It just depends on which episode you watch.....

How far is it to the McCain Ranch from North Fork?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2020 4:46 am
wildwest
(@wildwest)

thats a great list Cowgirl!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2020 9:49 am
Share: