Skip to toolbar
Notifications
Clear all

Soylent Green  

RSS
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Admin Admin

Here are two pages from a 1998 book, Charlton Heston's Hollywood: 50 Years in American Film, written by Charlton Heston and Jean-Pierre Isbouts. They deal with the movie Soylent Green, released in 1973. It starred Heston, Edward G. Robinson (referred to as Eddie by CH,) Leigh Taylor-Young and Chuck Connors. The italicized portions are written by CH, the non-italicized portions by his co-author.

"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posted : 15/05/2017 8:08 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Admin Admin

How many of you have seen this movie?

What did you think about it?  I didn't care for it at all.  smiley_shutup

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2017 8:08 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Admin Admin

I love this movie, but I'm a big science fiction fan especially post-apocalyptic.  The cast was great, and Chuck is an awesome bad guy in this one.  Leigh Taylor-Young is very beautiful as the "furniture", and Heston does his part to overact as usual.  

Faith Quabius, Chuck's then girlfriend and future wife, has a non-speaking role as one of the attendants when Edward G. Robinson decides to make his exit through euthanasia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2017 8:09 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Admin Admin

Ya' know TVFan, I did not like this movie at all!  Maybe I need to watch it again.  It's been about 10 years since I have see it.

Although I do agree with you on the furniture & the cast, I just didn't care for it.  🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2017 8:09 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Admin Admin

I remember the title but not the movie. I'll have to watch for it and refresh myself.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2017 8:10 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Admin Admin

I was going to say everyone remembers Heston's famous line, but then I realized that it might still be a Spoiler if someone isn't familiar with the movie.  You'll know it when you hear it, though. 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2017 8:10 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Admin Admin

I ran across this movie last night on Turner Classic Movies.  I started watching it because I caught a glimpse of Chuck.  I had never seen it before.

The movie lighting was bad and I saw Chuck from the back.....but you can always recognize Chuck by the way he stands and moves.  His characteristics.

It was not one of my favorite Chuck movies but I watched it anyway just to see my wonderful Chuck.

I think he was better in the Proud and the Damned. Even the scene where he is being hanged he is professing his love for Mila with those blue eyes.     sigh

Lucas    "I'm good and I hit what I shoot at and I'm fast"  (Obituary)
love my tall cowboys in tight jeans on fast horses

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2017 8:11 am
Share: