Notifications
Clear all

Mark was Angry  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Admin Admin

Let's name some times when Mark was not too happy with Lucas and either just walked away or told Lucas "no."

I'll start with The Dead Eyed Kid when Mark wasn't going to tell Lucas where Don was hiding thinking they would charge him with murder.

"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posted : 11/05/2017 3:38 am
Deneen
(@deneen)
Mark McCain Ranch Hand, Alumni

In "Gun Shy" Mark was upset when Lucas tried to force the rifle on him and then he ran away from home.

* Johnny Crawford *You Are In My Prayers :angel5:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:03 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

In "Schoolmaster" Mark told Lucas "no" when Lucas told him he had to return to school.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:04 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

Good ones.

How about in Waste he said "I won't go Pa and you can't make me." When Lucas wanted Mark to ride away from danger and bring back help but Mark wouldn't leave them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:07 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

In The Hero Mark spoke up to Lucas and said he wasn't going to eat supper with Colley cuz he thought he was a coward so Lucas sent him to bed.

In The Surveyors when Lucas wouldn't listen to Mark when he said that they were up to something, Lucas started to explain why he felt that way and Mark just said "good night Pa" emphatically and walked into the house.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:09 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

Though he wasn't made at Lucas, what about when Earl Bantry visited the McCain Ranch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:11 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

Right I love when Earl gives Mark his hat and Mark throws it down on the floor with great disgust.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:12 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

I don't know if this counts, but how about in The Debt when Mark lets Reynolds get away. Lucas was the one mad, but Mark stood up for what he did.

How about in The Vision?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:15 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

Right he was really mad at Lucas in Vision. He acted like a moody teenager.

How about in Silent Knife when Mark the Indian broke Lucas's souvenir bow and ran out of the house then Mark yells at Lucas too. Says something like "You had no reason to talk to him like that." Huh Lucas was trying to help him. He just gave him eats.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:17 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

Good ones, markisddg 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:21 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

How about One Went To Denver Mark didn't like Tom Birch from the start and wasn't very nice to him. When Tom cheated at arm wrestling Mark yelled "That isn't fair." He never did have much to say to him.

I guess he wasn't just angry with Lucas he got really mad at Ma Boyle in Woman from Hog Ridge and called her a "wicked woman." I think it's one of Johnny's best scenes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:23 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

Hi markisddg, it's me! Can you believe it? I finally got time to be here!!
Anyway, I never really understood why Mark obviously didn't like Tom Birch from the beginning. He was always into outlaws and such and Tom was a friend of Lucas. What do you think? Is it just me or did that not exactly make sense?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:25 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

Mark endured some awful things. Re the vision:  As most of us who have ever been an 11 or 12 year old know, sometimes you don't need a reason to be mad you just are mad.  When mark is upset about not getting a new saddle
And having to go on the trip with Lucas,  then throws the dirty water on the flowers, one interpretation is that he is trying to assert his independence from his pa, provoke his pa, and see how much he can get away with.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:27 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

one interpretation is that he is trying to assert his independence from his pa, provoke his pa, and see how much he can get away with.

Mark is making a statement. He knows Lucas will listen to what he has to say even thought his Pa may not agree with him. Like in The Surveyors, Lucas listened but didn't quite get it. But because of how determined Mark was Lucas did think it through.

Is there any other time Lucas just didn't get it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:31 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

Mark's nose was out of joint when Lucas made him share the room with Teresa  Miller in stopover.  I think Mark was miffed at lucas about something before going to dinner at Julia's- miss Hamilton was just the straw that broke the camel's back.                                                                          In the surveyors,  Lucas did not take what Mark was trying to tell him seriously. I checked the chronology of the episodes. It took awhile for lucas's lesson about listening to Mark.  In a time for singing, Lucas brushed mark off and basically told him to get lost for awhile.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2017 11:34 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: