Notifications
Clear all

The Vision  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS
Deneen
(@deneen)
Mark McCain Ranch Hand, Alumni

What was the signifigance of the songs?  Hazel's,lyrics about lonely nights being long probably hit home with lucas, whose main companion was his son.  Hazels song about maying seem to foreshadow mark not being lucas's baby so much and entering adolescemce and young man's fancy two years later.

* Johnny Crawford *You Are In My Prayers :angel5:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2017 7:26 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

Random.....your insights about the songs is great      also the quote   "she was nice to me"  I think the writers had some underlying messages here for us and you picked up on them.   good job

I think all the Rifleman  writers were awesome!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2017 7:28 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

I just saw a reference to falling into the box canyon above, then could not find it. Could falling into the box canyon be a reference to walking through the valley of death?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2017 7:30 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

I wonder if 'falling into the box canyon'  was a reference to death.  Mark was going into his vision then and was clearly scared, maybe of dying.  He wanted Lucas to fence it off so no one would fall.  (die?)

intersting.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2017 7:31 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

Did mark want lucas to go back and take the cistern away so mo one else would get typhoid?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2017 7:33 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

Re the books: books were the one luxury item he allowed himself and mark and would splurge on. Lucas was almost  as angry when he thought mark had desroyed a book as he was when mark let reynolds escape .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2017 7:35 am
Deneen
(@deneen)

Most of us were amused by mark asking "do you think i'll live?" After he became sick to his stomach smoking the cigar in smokescreen.  However, a few weeks earlier, mark did two things he was not supposed to do and almost died from typhoid.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2017 7:37 am
Dana
 Dana
(@dana)
Famed Member Alumni

I had my monthly viewing of the vision last night and noticed something else. Legend has it roswell, new mexico is the home of ufos and space aliens. The magical and mystical dr. Hennekin lives in roswell. Coincidence? I think not.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2017 7:32 pm
Dana
 Dana
(@dana)
Famed Member Alumni

I watched the show again last night. When lucas was trying to figure out where to get ice, dr. Hennekin seemed confused about whether or not they were in canada.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2017 7:33 pm
Dana
 Dana
(@dana)
Famed Member Alumni

Come to think of it, Lucas did not tell mark he couldn't have the saddle at all-lucas just said Mark could not have the saddle right then.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2017 4:22 pm
Dana
 Dana
(@dana)
Famed Member Alumni

When the undersandably upset Lucas literally left Mark in the middle of nowhere, how devastating that could have been for Mark! Mark, who was on the edge of puberty, was confused and upset because his mother "left" him and his adored father, who was literally his whole world, just takes off.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2017 2:41 pm
Dana
 Dana
(@dana)
Famed Member Alumni

Imagine how Lucas must have panicked when he returned to the camp and found Mark gone!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2017 7:28 pm
Markisddg
(@markisddg)
Active Member Alumni

Hi I’ve been away a long time I think I’m still Markisddg. Love talking about The Vision. I wonder how many more wagon train people got sick and died. That water must have tasted awful and Mark only took a little bit in as he spat it out. The acting was superb. Wildwest told me to come and post so let’s hope I did it right.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2017 12:59 pm
Deneen
(@deneen)

Welcome Back Markisddg!! :welcomeani:

It's nice to have you back posting again. Don't be a stranger. :happycowboy:

Mark Is Drop Dead Gorgeous - Right? :grinning-cowboy:

~Deneen~

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2017 2:10 pm