Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Technical Stuff  

Page 1 / 9
  RSS
judymcl
(@judymcl)
Member Admin

This is where I'll post to let everyone know if/when I need to do maintenance things or forum software upgrades... generally changes that affect the ranch and it's function.
:horse09:

• I'm happy to let everyone know that the smilies for your posts are all installed now and ready to use. The post ranks section is not finish so that is next on my "To Do" list.

• I've discovered that the new "Alumni Member" and "Ranch Hand Alumni Member" rank images were much too large in the member listings. So I've modified them to fit a little better. I hope everyone likes them. The Alumni rank is to commemorate existing members that came along with us here to the new McCain Ranch Forum. Post ranks will apply to brand new members who join us here at the new location.
  • Judy M

Posted : 17/05/2017 1:27 am
    judymcl
    (@judymcl)
    Member Admin

If anyone needs assistance with resizing their avatar please let me know. I'd be happy to fix it up for you so that it fits here.

I've made setting adjustments to allow 175 x 175 pixel with 35,000 bytes size avatars. Unfortunately we can't go any larger than that as it will distort the look of the forum. However, as mentioned above, I'd be happy to resize your avatar for you if you are unable to.

Also if anyone is an alumni member from the old ranch and I've missed upgrading your rank to state that, please also let me know and I'll get on it.

Judy M

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 25/05/2017 1:50 pm
    judymcl
    (@judymcl)
    Member Admin

I have a few more "How To" tutorials to write then I will unlock that area for members. If anyone has any ideas for a "How To" regarding the new forum here, please feel free to add it to the Suggestions/Questions board. If I help, I surely will!

Judy M

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 28/05/2017 11:23 am
    judymcl
    (@judymcl)
    Member Admin

Unfortunately, we suffered a bit of a server outage today. I was in contact with the web host and all is right once again. I apologize for any inconvenience.

This is a snippet of info from the reply I received from the host...
    We sincerely apologize for the issues and inconvenience caused.

We were facing some I/O issues with a couple of nodes in our cloud environment. Our senior technicians have applied the fix and the servers are up now.

I don't understand it all either but I'm glad it's all working again. They sure know their stuff there. I've been with this host for a few years now and thankfully this kind of thing does not happen too often. Usually I experience 100% up time.

Anyway, again my apologies for the interruption of service...

Judy M

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 05/06/2017 8:14 pm
    Renewed-Fan
    (@renewed-fan)
    Active Member Alumni

Here is a dumb question from a computer-challenged person: is there any way on this new board to just display messages posted since your last visit? The old ranch had this feature but I cannot find the equivalent here.

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 07/06/2017 7:12 am
    judymcl
    (@judymcl)
    Member Admin

First of all, there is no such thing as a "dumb question"...

Your question reminded me that I was supposed to add a little tutorial on where that info was so I went and did it quickly, thanks.

I hope you find it helpful, https://www.riflemanconnorsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=2862

Judy M

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 07/06/2017 11:03 am
    judymcl
    (@judymcl)
    Member Admin

I've added a new tutorial on how to set up subscriptions via email to forums/topics.
    https://www.riflemanconnorsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=2867
    Hopefully this works... give us a holler if it doesn't.

Judy M

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 12/06/2017 12:37 am
    Western Gal
    (@western-gal)
    Noble Member

I just signed on for the first time in a while and have a notification from a post where Cowgirl quoted a comment that I had moved from the old site.

Don't recall ever receiving any notifications for any of the posts that I moved, so am curious about this one and also why I didn't receive an email indicating there was a notification.

Think my settings are up to date, but I'm not all that "tech savvy." :dontknow:

Western Gal :cowgirl2:

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 09/07/2017 8:48 pm
    judymcl
    (@judymcl)
    Member Admin

Hi husband and I are away right now travelling with the RV to visit relatives etc. Been off grid most of the time... Internet services aren't the best when we do have it. I'll have to look into the issue once we get back home.

Judy M

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 14/07/2017 8:35 am
    judymcl
    (@judymcl)
    Member Admin

I just signed on for the first time in a while and have a notification from a post where Cowgirl quoted a comment that I had moved from the old site.

Don't recall ever receiving any notifications for any of the posts that I moved, so am curious about this one and also why I didn't receive an email indicating there was a notification.

Think my settings are up to date, but I'm not all that "tech savvy." :dontknow:

I'm not sure about this myself... other than double checking your settings as mentioned here... https://www.riflemanconnorsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=2867
    ...if the forum software makers have made changes in the newer version here then it is beyond my control. We can't go back to the old version because they do not support that version anymore as it is no longer secure.

I'll be away again next week... tooooo many relatives to visit!! lol

Judy M

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 30/07/2017 12:13 pm
    Western Gal
    (@western-gal)
    Noble Member

I just changed everything in my "edit posting notifications" to "yes" on emails and also all my "edit default notifications", so we'll see what happens.

Has anyone else mentioned not receiving email notifications?

Enjoy your family vacations and stay safe!

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 01/08/2017 3:00 pm
    Western Gal
    (@western-gal)
    Noble Member

I'm still not receiving any email notifications. Have tried following everything in the tutorial and my last attempt was subscribing to a topic that I was really enjoying and now I don't receive any Message Board notifications.

Has anyone determined if email notifications are available with this software?

I'm going to try unsubscribing and see if that will bring back the Message Board notifications.

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 28/08/2017 8:09 pm
    Deneen
    (@deneen)
    Famed Member Ranch Hand, Alumni

I never subscribed to receiving e-mail notifications.

When I see the "Notification" alert in red with the number of responses - I go to "new posts". That shows all the posts since your last visit. I also check the "un-read posts". I don't wanna miss anything. 😆

I'm sure Judy or CowGirl will help you resolve your issues. :happycowboy:

~Deneen~

* Johnny Crawford *You Are In My Prayers :angel5:

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 28/08/2017 10:30 pm
    Western Gal
    (@western-gal)
    Noble Member

Yay! My "Notifications" on the Message Board (about your post Deneen!) are now working since I "unsubscribed" to my favorite topic. :clap:

I used to sign on to the ranch every day and would see what was new, but things have changed a bit in my life and email reminders would be helpful. :ponderingcowboy:

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 29/08/2017 9:47 am
    judymcl
    (@judymcl)
    Member Admin

I'm glad things are working for you WG, I wasn't sure what else could have been done. We'll keep this info for future reference for sure, thanks!

Judy M

ReplyQuote
    Posted : 30/08/2017 8:52 am
    Page 1 / 9
    Share: