(@judymcl)
Member Admin

Judy M

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2020 6:06 pm
judymcl
(@judymcl)
Member Admin

I am still getting errors when posting things at times. If encountered, a workaround for now is to click the "Return to index.php" page at the top right of the error page if it's this one...
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'theranch.phpbb_user_notifications' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT user_id, method, notify FROM phpbb_user_notifications WHERE user_id IN (2, 50, 51, 53, 9662) AND item_type = 'notification.type.post' AND item_id = 0

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 1023
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php
LINE: 195
CALL: phpbbdbdriverdriver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/factory.php
LINE: 345
CALL: phpbbdbdrivermysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/notification/type/base.php
LINE: 459
CALL: phpbbdbdriverfactory->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/notification/type/base.php
LINE: 575
CALL: phpbbnotificationtypebase->check_user_notification_options()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/notification/type/post.php
LINE: 144
CALL: phpbbnotificationtypebase->get_authorised_recipients()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/notification/manager.php
LINE: 273
CALL: phpbbnotificationtypepost->find_users_for_notification()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/notification/manager.php
LINE: 266
CALL: phpbbnotificationmanager->add_notifications()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 2399
CALL: phpbbnotificationmanager->add_notifications()

FILE: [ROOT]/posting.php
LINE: 1504
CALL: submit_post()
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: mccain_ranch@northfork.net

If it's the one something like "Page cannot be displayed" or alike, that one seems to sort itself out at a later time.

I highly recommend copying your posts and replies for now before hitting the Submit button so that you don't lose your post. It does seem to post but hit and miss at times.

I also highly recommend that you clear your browser cache very often until things settle down.

It's unfortunate to have to experience these issues but it can't be helped at this time.

Judy M

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/10/2020 6:15 pm
judymcl
(@judymcl)
Member Admin

I messed with some settings regarding the old domain and it seems better today. Cowgirl acknowledges no errors on her end and so far so good on my end but I am sure there is still the odd glitch here and there.

If anyone has any issues please let us know and we'll try to be of assistance. The main thing to remember right now is to clear your browser cache before signing in here and refresh your page as needed to help freshen things up.

To explain a little on what is going on:

A few years ago (for new members who don't know our history) Cowgirl, myself and a few very helpful "Ranch Hands" manually moved our forum from a free hosted server that was at the time, thought to be closing down. We moved the forum to the server that I use for my web hosting.

For a time now Cowgirl and I have been working together to bring the forum to the same server as her main website. Cowgirl also wanted to revert back to her "The McCain Ranch" name for the site.

It's been a rather rough week getting all of this done, but I think things are starting to settle down. Cowgirl's main website will be migrated into the new account as well, but at a later time. For now we have a simple entry page with links in place to help visitors get around.

I hope that helps explain things...

Judy M

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 9:50 pm
judymcl
(@judymcl)
Member Admin

I messed with some settings regarding the old domain and it seems better today. Cowgirl acknowledges no errors on her end and so far so good on my end but I am sure there is still the odd glitch here and there.

If anyone has any issues please let us know and we'll try to be of assistance. The main thing to remember right now is to clear your browser cache before signing in here and refresh your page as needed to help freshen things up.

To explain a little on what is going on:

About 5 years ago (for new members who don't know our history) Cowgirl, myself and a few very helpful "Ranch Hands" manually moved our forum from a free hosted server that was at the time, thought to be closing down. We moved the forum to the server that I use for my web hosting.

For a time now Cowgirl and I have been working together to bring the forum to the same server as her main website. Cowgirl also wanted to revert back to her "The McCain Ranch" name for the site.

It's been a rather rough week getting all of this done, but I think things are starting to settle down. Cowgirl's main website will be migrated into the new account as well, but at a later time. For now we have a simple entry page with links in place to help visitors get around.

I hope that helps explain things...

Judy M

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 9:52 pm
judymcl
(@judymcl)
Member Admin

If anyone is having troubles getting in or is experiencing errors like Cowgirl and myself when posting please let us know so that we can forward the issues to the web host.

Judy M

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2020 11:47 am
wildwest
(@wildwest)
Illustrious Member Ranch Hand, Alumni

thanks Judy. I am having a senior moment. I am not sure I am logging into the correct site or did you automatically migrate the former site to this one. can you check and see if I am logging in the correct site?

thanks for all you do, you deserve an extra portion of pie at the Mallory House!!!!

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2020 11:56 am
judymcl
(@judymcl)
Member Admin

We are migrated over. I've got the URL from the old location going here now so you'll land here in the new place every time now.

Still sorting out issues... hopefully will have results soon. If we can't get it to work properly on this software, we may end up simplifying a bit and adding it to the software for Cowgirls new website location. One way or another, we'll get it sussed.

Thanks for everyone's continued patience!

Judy M

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2020 1:58 pm
judymcl
(@judymcl)
Member Admin

Wildwest I think we are making some progress finally. Cowgirl got in touch with the web host and they lead me to an area that may have been causing much of the havoc with the errors. The settings in both old and new must match and we weren't quite the same so that may have been it.

Cowgirl is still having a few troubles in the administration area but I'm sure we'll get sorted out with the hosts help. It's nothing dire in there.

So to break it down we are running with 2 domain names (www names) at the moment. Both will get members here. Cowgirl would like to use "themccainranch.com" domain from here on rather than "riflemanconnorsforum.com". Her main website will also be under "themccainranch.com" domain once it is relocated to the same area. We just have the entry page there for now.

I am not sure if she is going to use both of her "riflemanconnors.com" and "themccainranch.com" domain names for the main website or just the new one. In any case all roads will in the end lead to the new location.

Because the forum was copied over, there shouldn't be anything for the members to do but clear their browser caches, and make a new bookmark (favourite) for the new " https://www.themccainranch/forum " domain address.

I hope that helps...

Judy M

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2020 4:59 pm
Page 9 / 9
Share: