Notifications
Clear all

Weekly Reports on Johnny Crawford  

Page 1 / 15
  RSS
TheUglyBugBall
(@theuglybugball)
Blueboy

Since not everyone is on Facebook, I will be posting the weekly reports that Johnny's wife Charlotte shares with Tracey for the Johnny Crawford Legacy page. Tracey has very kindly given me her blessing to do this.

February 16, 2020
Hi Everyone! The week went pretty smoothly and Johnny got to participate in some cool things.

Last Sunday, Natalie spent the day with him at Glen Park. As you can see, he enjoys her company and her help. She is working with him on some of the material that Kristina, the speech therapist, provides, playing music, and making him laugh!

On Tuesday, Laurie arrived to take him out for awhile. They visited the stables at Griffith Park. Johnny has always had a way with horses and they came right up to him for some attention.

Thursday I was surprised with two dozen red roses delivered to my house. The card said, "Johnny Loves You." Thank you, sincerely, to whoever helped him by doing this for him. They are beautiful.

Friday we celebrated Valentine's Day and our 25th Anniversary with a party at Glen Park. All the residents participated, and a King and Queen were crowned. Charles and Betty Fetterhoff! They are our new residents. They are in their 90's and have been married for 66 years! Johnny and I were honored as second King and Queen since it was our actual anniversary. Johnny enjoys these activities, but he is always ready for a rest afterward.

On Saturday, I picked him up and we met Laurie and Ellen at the famous Egyptian Theater in Hollywood to see a 2:00 movie, "Treasures From The Silent Era." Johnny has not forgotten his love of the silent era of movies so we try to take him to these events whenever possible. Laurie keeps us up to date on what's showing around town. Thank you Laurie and Natalie.

Thank all of you for your kindness and caring.

[Natalie and Laurie are two friends who visit and take Johnny on lots of outings. You'll see them mentioned often in these weekly reports,]

Posted : 16/02/2020 4:23 pm
Judy
 Judy
(@judy)
Micah Torrance Ranch Hand, Alumni

I am thankful for all of the people who are there for Johnny, to plan events and activities for him to enjoy.

Johnny looks so happy in the pictures you posted, TheUglyBugBall. Thank you for sharing!

God bless Charlotte, Tracey, Ellen, Natalie, Laurie and you, TheUglyBugBall (hopefully, I didn't miss anyone), for all that you do for Johnny and us. :happycowboy:

In remembrance of my beloved son: "Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish, meaning "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ by TobyMac ( https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/02/2020 5:15 pm
TheUglyBugBall
(@theuglybugball)
Blueboy

I am thankful for all of the people who are there for Johnny, to plan events and activities for him to enjoy.

Johnny looks so happy in the pictures you posted, TheUglyBugBall. Thank you for sharing!

God bless Charlotte, Tracey, Ellen, Natalie, Laurie and you, TheUglyBugBall (hopefully, I didn't miss anyone), for all that you do for Johnny and us. :happycowboy:

We know that smile, don't we?!

Johnny gets to go on some great outings. I love silent films, so I'm a little envious!

Thanks for taking the time to read and post, Judy!

Stacey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/02/2020 8:22 pm
Judy
 Judy
(@judy)

We sure do know that smile! My favorite of the pictures you posted is the one of him sitting on the couch with his head turned to face the camera, and flashing that great smile. He doesn’t seem to be as thin as he once was. He looks really good!

I know I have already said this, but I am glad Johnny has so many people who make sure he gets out to do the things he enjoys doing. That is so important.

I used to work in an assisted living facility. There are an incredible number of residents, who have no one come to see. I had one lady whose granddaughter lived across the street from the assisted living facility, and she never came to see her grandmother. She would call me on phone to find out how her grandmother was, but refused to cross the street to see her. One day she had called, and she told me that she just couldn’t bare seeing her grandmother, who was not the same person she remembered as a child, and she couldn’t handle the fact that her grandmother had gotten so old. That just tore my heart out! Is that sad, or what? :sadcowboy:

BTW: Thank you for providing me with your first name, Stacey! Is that you with Johnny in your avatar?

In remembrance of my beloved son: "Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish, meaning "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ by TobyMac ( https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/02/2020 11:03 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Admin

That smile says it all! When I first saw it, it took me back a minute to Mark and his smile.

I always have enjoyed seeing pictures of Johnny with horses. You can tell he has a true love for them. No matter what, that will not change no matter what he endures.

Johnny is so lucky to have all of these neat people in his life. May God Bless You ALL!!!!!

"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2020 4:00 am
TheUglyBugBall
(@theuglybugball)
Blueboy

We sure do know that smile! My favorite of the pictures you posted is the one of him sitting on the couch with his head turned to face the camera, and flashing that great smile. He doesn’t seem to be as thin as he once was. He looks really good!

BTW: Thank you for providing me with your first name, Stacey! Is that you with Johnny in your avatar?

Charlotte recently commented that Johnny has a healthy appetite but doesn't add any weight. I think the hot weather in LA last summer meant fewer layers, so we were more aware of Johnny's thinness?

That story about your assisted living facility certainly is heartbreaking! I learned from my own family experience how terrible it is to live with regrets after loved ones pass. We have to do what we can while they're still with us.

That is me with Johnny in my avatar, back in 2013. I'm the same height, but I had to bend my knees to get under the hat. That's part of the reason why I'm laughing!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2020 12:38 pm
TheUglyBugBall
(@theuglybugball)
Blueboy

I always have enjoyed seeing pictures of Johnny with horses. You can tell he has a true love for them. No matter what, that will not change no matter what he endures.

I've added a couple more photos of Johnny with the horses, since you enjoy them! Sorry for the double watermarks. Tracey and I each add one!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2020 12:41 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

thanks! They are so neat!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2020 2:45 pm
Judy
 Judy
(@judy)

Charlotte recently commented that Johnny has a healthy appetite but doesn't add any weight. I think the hot weather in LA last summer meant fewer layers, so we were more aware of Johnny's thinness?

That story about your assisted living facility certainly is heartbreaking! I learned from my own family experience how terrible it is to live with regrets after loved ones pass. We have to do what we can while they're still with us.

That is me with Johnny in my avatar, back in 2013. I'm the same height, but I had to bend my knees to get under the hat. That's part of the reason why I'm laughing!
Thank you for sharing Charlotte’s comment about Johnny’s appetite and weight. Your comment about the weather in LA last summer makes perfect sense. Thank you.

I agree with you, it is horrible to live with regrets after a loved one passes away. I had to learned the hard way, and my regrets are something I have to live with for the rest of my life. Once our loved ones pass away, there is no more time left to let them know how much we love and care for them.

Thanks for clarifying that it is you with Johnny in your avatar. It looks as though Johnny also thought it was funny when you had to bend your knees to get under his hat. That picture must be a treasure to you.

BTW: I agree with, Cowgirl. the picture you posted of Johnny with the horses are very neat. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2020 2:51 pm
TheUglyBugBall
(@theuglybugball)
Blueboy

My picture with Johnny is a little fuzzy, but I do treasure it and the time I got to spend with both the brothers. I spent most of the festival hanging out around the celebrity tables because it was so darn hot outside. Johnny missed the first day, and he had a busy line of fans the rest of the festival. Bobby's table was right next to Johnny's and not so busy. I enjoyed watching Bobby watch Johnny with the fans--Bobby always had a big smile and was clearly enjoying it!

Stacey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2020 2:54 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

When I met Bobby I had taken him some pictures from The Rifleman for him & Johnny to share. They were pictures from the episodes they were in together.

I wonder if they ever really got to enjoy them.

I loved gone to the festivals, they were a lot of fun. Another one of my favorite was Ben Cooper. I gave him a promo picture from The Rifleman from Face of Yesterday. He loved and said he never saw it before and was going to add it to his table.

I never met Johnny at any of the festivals, there was times was I was out west that I just missed him or I was too early. I did meet him at The Pioneer Playhouse in Kentucky where he signed my book and invited us backstage after the show. Those were the days!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2020 4:42 am
wildwest
(@wildwest)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Ranch Hand, Alumni

It's awesome that you met both of them!!

Music, singing ,acting, editing, producing is rich in the family gene pool. As well as talented men they seem to be well grounded. Bobby has been married for years and worked in the business behind the scenes as did his Father Robert Sr. Both men have lived respectable lives which is not always easy in Hollywood. They sure gave us some rich music and TV reruns to enjoy for the next generation

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:
Ranch Hand Badge - Helper

Writers Corner

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2020 8:04 am
TheUglyBugBall
(@theuglybugball)
Blueboy

Cowgirl, what year was your FOTW with Bobby? I never knew about these western festivals until I joined the Robert Fuller Fandom in 2012. I went to the very last FOTW and haven't been to another western festival since. They are fun, though!

That's great that you got to see Johnny at the Pioneer Playhouse and go backstage. You probably got as much time interacting with him as I did at FOTW with his busy table. I spent more time with Bobby because I sat at his table for the Fuller Fandom dinner.

Wildwest, I agree, the Crawfords are creative and talented!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2020 10:44 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Cowgirl, what year was your FOTW with Bobby? I never knew about these western festivals until I joined the Robert Fuller Fandom in 2012. I went to the very last FOTW and haven't been to another western festival since. They are fun, though!

That's great that you got to see Johnny at the Pioneer Playhouse and go backstage. You probably got as much time interacting with him as I did at FOTW with his busy table. I spent more time with Bobby because I sat at his table for the Fuller Fandom dinner.

Wildwest, I agree, the Crawfords are creative and talented!

I'm not sure what year it was. We were touring the west and I wasn't going to go to the festival all of the days, but when Bobby didn't show up the one day I stayed the next day just to meet him. I'll have to look it up. I had gone to several of them.

I was invited for the one Laramie thing they were doing, I did go, but again, I don't even remember the name of it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2020 1:56 pm
TheUglyBugBall
(@theuglybugball)
Blueboy

No worries, Cowgirl, about what year you attended. I was just curious. I remember the year of my festival because it was the only one I ever attended. I'm glad you stayed that extra day to meet Bobby!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2020 7:39 pm
Page 1 / 15
Share: