Notifications
Clear all

Hello Cowgirl and All  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Laurie
(@laurie)
Tenderfoot

It's Laurie here, a voice from the past, stopping by to say hello. My husband and I were fortunate enough to attend the McCain Ranch get together in Branson, Missouri in 2010. We loved it. Meeting Margie and all the other attendees was so much fun. I'll be checking in here regularly again. Looking forward to meeting new friends. TTYS Laurie

Posted : 20/05/2020 10:32 pm
Judy
 Judy
(@judy)
Micah Torrance Ranch Hand, Alumni

Hello Laurie, welcome back. I am looking forward to a new forum friendship.

In remembrance of my beloved son: "Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish, meaning "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ by TobyMac ( https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2020 7:48 am
wildwest
(@wildwest)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Ranch Hand, Alumni

Hi Laurie, It will be good to see ya at the Ranch and posting

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:
Ranch Hand Badge - Helper

Writers Corner

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2020 8:01 am
Laurie
(@laurie)
Tenderfoot

Thank you for the friendly welcome. Am still in Massachusetts but changed careers and am now a nurse in an assisted living facility. I love working with the elderly. My favorite unit is the dementia unit. In fact when I graduated from nursing school at the ripe old age of 47, my husband invoked memories of Hattie when he said to me, "Tell 'em you're a nurse!" My 97 year old mother in law is living with John and me. She is a love and we love having her.

As Cowgirl may or may not remember, I enjoyed checking out Chuck from behind, to occasionally see a "W" sewn into his back pocket. Wrangler was not around then! :grinning-cowboy: Laurie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2020 7:10 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Admin

Hi Laurie,
So glad you found your way back to the McCain Ranch! You were missed!

Tell John I said 'hi!'

The 2010 reunion sure seems longer then 10 years ago. Where does the time go?

You are a special kind of person to care for others. You be safe out there Laurie!

"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2020 6:14 am
TheUglyBugBall
(@theuglybugball)
Blueboy

Welcome back, Laurie!

I too recently returned to the corral after a too-long absence. It's great to hang out with folks here, both old and new.

Stacey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2020 2:52 pm
Laurie
(@laurie)
Tenderfoot

Thanks again, all.

I've got my Rifleman recordings on the DVR. My 97 year old mother enjoys many of them. Kinda watch out for the Peckinpaw episodes, though. :gunfightercowboy:

She loves the Games Show network too. John and I have become experts on all things GSN :grinning-cowboy:

Am praying for our country with all the violence going on.

Our rescue cat Dimitri (he came named) is going to have some oral surgery Thursday. We're hoping he doesn't have cancer but if that's God's plan, we'll keep the kitty as comfortable for as long as God wants us too. He's a great God and he'll let us know what to do.

I'll keep you all up to date on this. Margie, John was impressed you remembered his name. Hee hee! Hope that picture I made for you has stood the test of time.

Laurie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/06/2020 7:02 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

I hope everything goes okay with Dimitri. Please keep me informed.

We have two kitty cats, Zoey & Zeus. They are brother & sister. I just could not break the two of them up. When we first got them, Zeus was the mischievous one, but now the roles have been reversed, Zoey just doesn't know how to behave at times. But Zeus does pick on her from time to time, true brother & sister.

Of course I remembered your hubby's name. I also remember he won the Johnny Crawford CD at the reunion.

Yes the picture has stand stood the test of time. How thoughtful that was of you. But then, that's how you are.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2020 4:05 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

BTW - Do you remember the yummy cornbread we had there. I sure could eat a piece of that now.

Do you remember, was that at McFarlain's Family Restaurant?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2020 4:14 am
Laurie
(@laurie)
Tenderfoot

Yes, it was at McFarlaine's. I even bought the McFarlaine's cookbook that claimed to give you the recipe. Not really :angrycowboy:

Remember this?

I've also got the the wooden cowgirl coaster.

John uses it all the time, as you can tell. It's been by his his chair for ten years!

We sure did have fun in Missouri. I remember how shocked we were years later to hear a tornado went right down the main drag of Branson where we had so much fun. We stuck around after the reunion and saw Andy Williams do his show at his theater and saw a few other shows too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2020 3:44 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Yes I do remember the towels & the coaster.

The guy that ran the motel where we stayed called me a few years back and wanted to know if we wanted to book the motel again.

I do remember that you and John went to see a show later. Some of us went to some amusement park afterwards.Yes that was fun!

You were then studying to be a nurse. Ten years ago, can you imaging?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2020 4:08 am
Kira
 Kira
(@kira)
Tenderfoot

Hello Laurie ! Welcome back ! Greetings from Germany … :wave: I´m also a voice from the past. I try to come here more often, but unfortunately it doesn't work as well as I would like it to ... Life has often other plans ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/06/2020 1:59 pm
Laurie
(@laurie)
Tenderfoot

Hi K and everyone,

We have good news on Dimitri. After 12 tooth extractions, he seems to be doing fine. The vet said the mouth looked so good, he didn't feel the need for any biopsies. When we got home, the hungry cat ate canned food which he usually hates. All is well here. Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers.

Laurie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/06/2020 9:33 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

I'm glad to hear Dimitri is doing well. I'm glad he is eating.

You take good care of him, which I know you will.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/06/2020 5:06 am
Laurie
(@laurie)
Tenderfoot

Thanks to Cowgirl, I am back on the ranch. For more than a month, I couldn't get in. Cowgirl sent me a new password and that didn't work at first but after a dozen or so tries, I just popped back in here. So "hi" everybody.

Dimitri the cat is heading back to the vet this week. I suspect more teeth are going to need to be extracted. Thank goodness for the credit card. We pay it all off monthly, usually, but it's very convenient for little surprises....expected or not.

John, his Mom, and I are doing well. Masks everywhere and all the time. I grin whenever I tell someone that my 97 year old mother-in- law has only been as far as the foot doctor's parking lot. We don't dare take her anywhere. There is a Sonic drive thru in town so she does get to that parking lot for a small soft serve. :grinning-cowboy:

Have been doing needlepoint on plastic canvas. Do you remember the 70's fad of making needlepoint covers for Kleenex boxes? I've got a few of those tucked away so I can have a craft table at the Church Craft Fair. If I make back what the table cost, I'm happy. It's a nice day talking with people.

Being a nurse at a memory care unit at an assisted living facility makes me feel closer to Johnny and the battle he's going through. We can't forget his family because, sometimes, the family's battle is just as bad as their loved one's

Keeping you all in my prayers. Good health all around! Laurie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/07/2020 5:30 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: