Clear all

Hello from Germany !  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Kira
 Kira
(@kira)
Tenderfoot

Oh boy, it is so long ago since my last visit, and I wanted to write so often. Finally I did it. :sunshine:

The last years were not so easy. I worked as a caregiver for many years in retirement homes, but in the end I decided to give up this job. I was not feeling well and it got more and more bad. I had stomach problems, insomnia, always felt tired and exhausted, had no interest in nothing, could not be happy about anything. Finally, my body gave me a sign, I got a severe neck blockade. I decided to quit this job, forever. Today I work as a home help. Perhaps is not so spectacular, but I feel better than I have in years. My energy and joy for live are back and I do not regret my decision for a second.

It´s good to be back! :yes: :icon_flower: :sunshine:

Posted : 23/04/2019 1:12 pm
Deneen
(@deneen)
Mark McCain Ranch Hand, Alumni

Well - A Big Welcome Back To You (Fräulein) Kira!! :foxes_353:
I learned that from watching "Hogan's Heroes". (A TV show here in America.) :laughing:

Sorry to hear you had some health issues. I'm glad you're feeling better! 🙂
:welcomeani:

~Deneen~

* Johnny Crawford *You Are In My Prayers :angel5:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2019 2:25 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Admin

Kira, I'm so glad to see you posting. I wish you hadn't waited so long. But I'm glad your back now.

I do remember you weren't too happy with you job. I'm glad finally are content.

"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/04/2019 4:06 am
Kira
 Kira
(@kira)
Tenderfoot

Thank you for the nice welcome! It's good to be back. :icon_flower:

Deneen - "Hogan's Heroes" is currently being shown on german TV. Along with M.A.S.H. Honestly, I prefer M.A.S.H. :icon_smile:

Cowgirl - Actually, I've always enjoyed working with elderly, and my bosses have always given me good grades. But the circumstances became increasingly difficult. Too many residents for a single caregiver ... too little understanding of our work. For most, our job was just "play a little bit" and not worth much. Hardly anyone was interested in our work tasks, for which there are of course rules. We have been instructed time and again to do things that are not part of our job. I worked in some houses, but it was the same almost everywhere.

Additionally the themes "death" and "dying" were always been present, and I can not handle it so well.

Maybe, my empathy may still be strong for this job, but not my psyche anymore. I worked as a caregiver for a total of 10 years. Now it is the turn of others. :icon_smile:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2019 9:46 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

That's the problem with today's work force, they cut back on the employees and give you more work. Been there!

I could not do the job you do, it takes a special kind of person to work in the Health Care or to be a Caregiver. I could not do this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2019 11:56 am
Deneen
(@deneen)
Mark McCain Ranch Hand, Alumni

Yes Kira - You are a very Special Lady!

Like CowGirl - I could never handle your job.

~Deneen~

* Johnny Crawford *You Are In My Prayers :angel5:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/04/2019 2:40 pm
Kira
 Kira
(@kira)
Tenderfoot

Thank you ! :wave:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/04/2019 1:50 pm
Dana
 Dana
(@dana)
Mark McCain Alumni

Guten Tag, Kira! My hat is off to you for the work you do! It is nice to meet you! My name is Dana. I don't know how to say this in German, so I will say it in Spanish. Mucho gusto! Me llama Dana.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/05/2019 2:25 pm
Kira
 Kira
(@kira)
Tenderfoot

Thank you and hello, Dana ! :icon_flower: I had to ask the google translator for your spanish words ... now I understand it. :yes:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/05/2019 12:51 pm
judymcl
(@judymcl)
Mark McCain Admin

Hi Kira, nice to meet you, I used to be a care aide years ago so I feel your pain. It is emotionally a hard job to do as well as physical. After 7 1/2 years of it I had to quit too. I worked all night and slept all day and my body got messed up with those hours. The boss played favourites so I could not get off of that shift.

Thankfully I was getting married around the time I quit and after talking to my husband I became a homemaker, staying home to raising our children. Wasn't the easiest to do financially, but I wouldn't trade that time with my kids for the world.

In the last few years, I was a caregiver for my parents as well until they passed. My mom was in a wheelchair in the end and my dad had dementia which had resulted from a stroke. It was a double whammy at the time but we managed. I virtually had no life of my own during that time. I am thankful that my husband was there to help when he could. I think I would have crashed and burned otherwise.

Judy M

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2019 9:20 am
Kira
 Kira
(@kira)
Tenderfoot

Hello Judy! :icon_flower: I have a lot of respect for you. Taking care of the parents is a huge job. I think it's great that your husband supported you so much and you did not have to go through it alone.

One of the main problems as a caregiver was this was not a proper job for most. There was little recognition and we always had to justify what we do or what we do not do.

I have always admired and respected people who work in nursing. And they should be paid much better, I agree immediately. But that's why my job is not worth less. A supervisor once said, "We have to work on it slowly to change that!" I said, "No, not slow!" Now!" I did not get an answer for that.

It would be a lot easier if everyone just worked a little better together. And the bosses would think more of the people and not so much of their profit ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2019 2:17 pm
wildwest
(@wildwest)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Ranch Hand, Alumni

Hi Kira.....its good to meet you. we are glad you are at the Ranch with us!

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:
Ranch Hand Badge - Helper

Writers Corner

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/05/2019 7:48 am
Kira
 Kira
(@kira)
Tenderfoot

Thank you ! :icon_flower:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/05/2019 12:50 pm
Duchess McCain
(@duchess-mccain)
Razor Alumni

Hallo, Kira! Ich bin Amerikanerin, aber ich habe für vier Jahre Deutsch gelernt. Wenn du wollst, könntest du vielleicht mir meine Deutsch betreiben helfen. Gut dich zu treffen! Bis später!

If you climb in the saddle be ready for the ride.Duchess McCain :coolcowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2019 8:31 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Hey to you Duchess McCain! Sorry, I know your shouting out to Kira, but I just couldn't miss saying 'Hi'! It's been a long time.

You and Kira both belonged to the old ranch. Welcome back!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2019 4:36 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: