Howdy, everyone!  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
Judy
 Judy
(@judy)
Micah Torrance Ranch Hand, Alumni

As I posted in another thread:

I knew about Margaret's brother, Johnny, and Lariat Jones referring to Lucas as Luke, but Lucas NEVER referred to himself as Luke, it was always Lucas.

I think it would be good to just drop the subject now. If your posts get to be too much, then I'll just take leave of the forum for awhile.

In remembrance of my beloved son: "Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish, meaning "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ by TobyMac ( https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/06/2020 4:15 pm
lilyrose
(@lilyrose)
Gunfighter

Hi Zanza!!
I'm new here too!
but I found the website in March. During that time I wasn't sure if should join. But I'm glad I did!
Vanessa/lilyrose

With a smile on my face, I wake up to a brand new day.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2020 5:13 pm
Zanza
(@zanza)
Gunfighter

I only just discovered The Rifleman but I really am loving it. It was exciting to discover the website and everybody has been so kind and welcoming. It really is like North Fork. Cowgirl even made a corner for my stories and she did my cougar avatar. :happycowboy:

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2020 7:17 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Admin

Welcome to the both of you, lilyrose & Zanza. We here at the ranch are glad you decided to join us.

lilyrose & Zanza are writers and are contributing stories to their own section of The Writer's Corner.

Vanessa's Rosy Corner

Zanza's Watering Hole

I'm sure everyone will enjoy their stories. Please drop by their room and tell them how much you enjoy reading them.

"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2020 4:58 am
Zanza
(@zanza)
Gunfighter

I saw that Lilyrose had started a story. Looks very scary, like Luke might have to twirl his rifle a few times. I also checked that link for The Way Home and it's still broken. The other two are working and all the links to my stories in the table of contents are working. I really appreciate all the work Cowgirl is doing to keep the ranch nice for all of us. :grinning-cowboy:

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2020 6:32 am
lilyrose
(@lilyrose)
Gunfighter

Hi Zanza,
Do you have any ideas for my second part? I have no ideas right now!!
lilyrose

With a smile on my face, I wake up to a brand new day.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2020 7:05 am
Zanza
(@zanza)
Gunfighter

Check your private message.

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2020 9:45 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Zanza, was it you who said you were a teacher? What grade do you teach?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2020 4:34 am
Zanza
(@zanza)
Gunfighter

I'm just an aide. My title is Special Education Behavior Technician. I've worked with all grades from kinders up to high schoolers. Mostly with autistic children, but also learning disabled, and disturbed, and violent kids. I go in classrooms and implement behavior plans for kids that can't behave, and I work with the general education kids on their academics. I'm always on call in case there's a violent incident and a kid has to be removed from the classroom.

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2020 7:19 am
Morgan
(@morgan)
Trail Boss Ranch Hand

Welcome to the ranch! Glad to have you here!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2020 6:29 pm
Zanza
(@zanza)
Gunfighter

Thanks, Morgan! Glad to be here. :happycowboy:

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/06/2020 6:55 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

I'm just an aide. My title is Special Education Behavior Technician. I've worked with all grades from kinders up to high schoolers. Mostly with autistic children, but also learning disabled, and disturbed, and violent kids. I go in classrooms and implement behavior plans for kids that can't behave, and I work with the general education kids on their academics. I'm always on call in case there's a violent incident and a kid has to be removed from the classroom.

I for one wouldn't want your job! :neutralcowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2020 4:35 am
Zanza
(@zanza)
Gunfighter

I for one wouldn't want your job! :neutralcowboy:

It's not so bad most of the time. It's true I've been taken off in an ambulance, and once or twice been out on extended workman's comp from being assaulted, but most of the time it's pretty good. I can usually figure out a way to relate to the kids, and sometimes I have some real success stories. There was this one kid in high school that I just tried and tried to get him to straighten up, and then one day he comes in and says he's joining the Navy. This was a kid who never rolled in before noon. I asked him if he knew the Navy would make him wake up early every morning and he just laughed and said he'd be all right. Sure enough, a year later, he came to class in his sailor suit, and he was doing good as a cook in the Navy. I had told him about my father being a Navy man but I never thought it would inspire him. I count that as a win. :happycowboy:

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2020 7:01 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: