Skip to toolbar
Notifications
Clear all

Ranch Hand Checking In From Western Catskills  

RSS
RanchHand
(@ranchhand)

Hello McCain fans all! Been a fan of The Rifleman since watching the show as a kid, and watch the show now on YouTube. Lucas always seemed like the best father one could have, hard but fair and fiercely loyal--also, he rarely missed when he fired that tricked-out rifle from the hip! Television has certainly changed since those days, but The Rifleman, for me, has stood the test of time. Morality, courage, conviction, being true to one's word; loyalty to friends and family, as well as being very tolerant; and lastly, Lucas McCain did not suffer fools lightly.

In my younger days, I worked a few seasons as a horse wrangler at Colorado guest ranches, no doubt in honor of my childhood hero The Rifleman. Looking forward to reading this forum, and hopefully contributing my two cents.

Posted : 30/11/2019 6:12 am
wildwest
(@wildwest)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Registered, Ranch Hand, Alumni

Nice to meet you and welcome. this is such a great group of people and so knowledgeable about the show and cast. feel free to comment and post. There is no one better than our Admin Cowgirl, she is the BEST. and has provided us with this great fan forum.

See ya later at the Mallory House for some pie with Mark. Mark's middle name is 'pie'

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/12/2019 7:53 am
Judy
 Judy
(@judy)
Micah Torrance Registered, Ranch Hand, Alumni

Welcome, RanchHand. :happycowboy: Glad to meet you.

In remembrance of my beloved son: "Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish, meaning "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ by TobyMac ( https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/12/2019 7:33 am
judymcl
(@judymcl)
Member Admin

Nice to meet you Ranch hand!

Judy M

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2019 10:30 am
Dana
 Dana
(@dana)
Famed Member Alumni

Welcome ranch hand! I am Dana.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2019 7:02 pm
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Admin Admin

Nice to see you here at the ranch, Ranch Hand. We loved to hear more about your wrangling days.

My sister lives in Peyton, Colorado on the prairie. The weather is so strange there. From her kitchen window you can see a good view of Pike's Peak.

"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2019 4:38 am
Kira
 Kira
(@kira)
Eminent Member

Hello, RanchHand ! I´m late ... but welcome from Germany - and A Happy New Year ! :wave:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2020 7:22 am
wildwest
(@wildwest)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Registered, Ranch Hand, Alumni

Hi Ranch Hand. welcome and we would love to hear your two cents

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/01/2020 7:48 am
Share: