Skip to toolbar
Notifications
Clear all

Awesome continuity!  

RSS
Zanza
(@zanza)
Honorable Member

In Long Gun from Tuscon, Nils left Luke to deal with the bad guys all by himself. He thought better of it by the end, as did Eddie and the gunsmith, but he started out being cowardly. A few episodes later, in Gunfire, Nils was super brave. He was the only one to stand with Micah and Luke, even after the other deputy was killed and Nils was really scared. He took a break but he was coming back to the marshal's office and the bad guys shot him. Fortunately Nils survived. He's a great character and I liked seeing that good character development and continuity with a supporting character.

<><

Posted : 14/09/2020 10:16 am
Duchess McCain
(@duchess-mccain)
Estimable Member

I felt like The Rifleman did well giving supporting characters depth. I really like how you get to meet Eddie's Daughter, I like Hamilton (the banker). I just feel like there's a lot of development there that you don't always see in other shows. Typically you were either in the "main cast" or you weren't. There weren't really townspeople that were regulars and then got to develop over time.

If you climb in the saddle be ready for the ride.Duchess McCain :coolcowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2020 11:58 am
lilyrose
(@lilyrose)
Honorable Member

So true, Zanza and Duchess! You're so right!

With a smile on my face, I wake up to a brand new day.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2020 12:03 pm
Zanza
(@zanza)
Honorable Member

I felt like The Rifleman did well giving supporting characters depth. I really like how you get to meet Eddie's Daughter, I like Hamilton (the banker). I just feel like there's a lot of development there that you don't always see in other shows. Typically you were either in the "main cast" or you weren't. There weren't really townspeople that were regulars and then got to develop over time.
Yes, I think Rifleman did an excellent job in that respect. Luke was the most fully fleshed out character and Mark was a very close second. They gave some real depth to Micah. However, I think the writers showed a fine understanding that these vibrant characters could only really shine if they were portrayed against a backdrop of well-developed characters. Eddie's Daughter was an especially good study of a minor character because it brought in a whole new facet of Eddie. I find myself wondering if the writers were influenced at all by Charles Dickens, who was so very thorough in developing each character, no matter how minor.

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2020 12:41 pm
Zanza
(@zanza)
Honorable Member

Thanks for sharing your songs, Lilyrose!

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2020 12:42 pm
lilyrose
(@lilyrose)
Honorable Member

Your welcome, Zanza! Their probably my top 2 in all my millions of favorites. 🙂

With a smile on my face, I wake up to a brand new day.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2020 1:19 pm
Zanza
(@zanza)
Honorable Member

:grinning-cowboy:

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2020 1:50 pm
Dana2020
(@dana2020)
Reputable Member Alumni

I wonder what brought John Hamilton to North Fork. In the Boarding House, he states it is time he stopped saving reputations and lost his own. Was someone in Boston worried he would spill some of those famous baked beans? Was the job in North Fork some form kind of payment for keeping his mouth shut? In Duel of Honor, Freddie asks where the bank is. Alas, there is no bank. In the very next episode, The Safe Guard, lo and behold, a bank opens! Of course, the Father of Banking in America is Alexander Hamilton.Hamilton is a common name, but do you think it is a coincidence the first banker in North Fork has that same surname?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2020 8:21 pm
Share: