Notifications
Clear all

Favorite non-Mark Lucas scene  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
wildwest
(@wildwest)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Ranch Hand, Alumni

I have two.  There is the scene with Lucas and Cora Weaver, where he was staying with her for her safety.  It was understandably awkward as the two were running out of things to talk about and there to protect her from something Victorians did not talk about in mixed company.  There is also the scene between lucas and jennifer when she tells lucas she is in love with him.  He is flattered by her infatuation, could easily have led her on, but lets her down gently , allowing her to save her dignity and not embarrass her.

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Posted : 11/05/2017 5:32 pm
wildwest
(@wildwest)

Yeah Cora and Lucas trying to keep things civil amid a potential rapist.

One of my favorite non Lucas and non Mark scenes is in Guilty Conscience.

After Habcuck has met his father, Norman he tells him what his mother called him.

“Well, that ain’t a name! That’s a fightin’ word,” Norm declared. “Now see here…from now on, we’re gonna call you Tom. Not Thomas. Not Tommy…But Tom…T-O-M. You understand?” Norman shook Hab’s hand and said "What's your name? He says "Habcuck."  The expression on Paul Fix's face is to die for.

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2017 5:33 pm
wildwest
(@wildwest)

Also, the exchange between duke Jennings and miss Bertie about Leavenworth being full of lonely men!

ReplyQuote
wildwest
(@wildwest)

When David and Heller got home from town, they ran to the barn with the gun and put bullets in it. If their step-father took to them again they were going to use the on him. They had gone through so much together. I like their talk in the barn and what they had to do about their evil step-father.

Lon Gun from Tucson - The scene will Mark and Jeffrey Waller sat in Jeffrey's bedroom and cry. "Mark, it ain't like my Pa is afraid. Well, he handles a gun real good! So it ain't like he's afraid!"

ReplyQuote
wildwest
(@wildwest)

yes   Long Gun From Tuscon   one of my favorite Mark crying scenes as well
Mark is crying so hard he is shaking and actor Billy Hughes had tears running down his face as well.  Both actors were great  this is the same Billy Hughes that wanted kill Lucas in another episode

Loved when Lucas kisses Millie and says   "you figure it out"

Loved when Lucas kissed Anne Dodd and asked her to come back

I guess I am a sucker for Mark crying and Lucas kissing     sigh

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2017 5:34 pm
wildwest
(@wildwest)

My favorite Mark without Lucas scenes are his scenes with swifty.

ReplyQuote
wildwest
(@wildwest)

I love Lucas's guilty conscience scenes, too, especially with the cats.

ReplyQuote
wildwest
(@wildwest)

I'll take a stab at it.  I am not sure if you mean Lucas and Mark not at all in the scene of just them together    so I will try

one of my favorite Mark scenes without Lucas is when Mark is in the street recreating how the shooting happened in The Photographer.  he is so good  as he recreates it in his head and in the street.  also love it when he flips his hat thru his fingers and up on his head.  Don't think I have seen that sense.
Lucas finally walks in the scene but Johnny did a convincing  job

Mark was also great when he was on his Vision

Mark was good in Ordeal going for help to save Lucas.  

Johnny was such a talented actor for age even 12 and 13 he could carry an intense scene by himself.  not too many child actors could do that with such clarity.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2017 5:35 pm
wildwest
(@wildwest)

Any scene with Julia and Lucas.   When Mark goes to check out miss Rebecca supposedly for his father.  Mark and Howie smoking the cigar.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2017 5:35 pm
wildwest
(@wildwest)

When lucas rushes over to Millie's store to find out if Sally' s intentions towards Mark are honorable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2017 5:36 pm
wildwest
(@wildwest)

I like how Mark stares at the vision (his mother) as she sings to him. He doesn't even blink.

I like in The Marshal when Mark accuses Micah of not helping when Micah says Lucas is a fool going in blind like that "riding in on nothing but the word of a stranger with an easy way and a hole in his hat...Mark says to him, "Who are you to talk about my Pa? You're not a marshal anymore!" Micah says "You're right son. Mark goes to apologize...... "Shotgun slugs boy. Carries three times as buckshot." "They came in handy once, maybe they will again," said Micah. "Now go get me a horse!"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2017 5:36 pm
wildwest
(@wildwest)

kinda  Mark scene

love it  in Surveyors after Lucas and Mark talk in the house and Mark feels Lucas does not believe him he walks to the door.

opens the door to go out and turns and looks back at Lucas with those EYES
 I  love the way he acted with his eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2017 5:37 pm
wildwest
(@wildwest)

Lucas and Beth Garrett.  He wanted her bad.for a split second , you know he is thinking that no one besides he and she will ever know if he gives into temptation.

ReplyQuote
wildwest
(@wildwest)

Mark laying his head on Micah's shoulder and falling asleep.

ReplyQuote
Dana2020
(@dana2020)
Reputable Member Alumni

Boomerang: the scene where Sam elder passes out in the street. Tim Elder goes from embarrassment to fear as he realizes his father is not just sleeping off s binge.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2020 9:21 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: