Skip to toolbar
Notifications
Clear all

The Homesman 2014  

RSS
judymcl
(@judymcl)
Member Admin

Three women who have been driven mad by pioneer life are to be transported across the country by covered wagon by the pious, independent-minded Mary Bee Cuddy, who in turn employs low-life drifter George Briggs to assist her.

Directed by and starring Tommy Lee Jones with Hillary Swank, John Lithgow, Meryl Streep, and James Spader.

Anyone see this?  It's classified as a Western even though it takes place in Nebraska.  A different kind of Western (or Mid-Western) for sure.  Set in the 1850s, it primarily focuses on the lives of women on the frontier.  Very dark and bleak.

I thought it was good, and it's nice to see something in this genre that highlights women for a change.  Even if it was quite depressing.

Judy M

Posted : 08/05/2017 8:33 pm
judymcl
(@judymcl)
Member Admin

Anyone see this?  It's classified as a Western even though it takes place in Nebraska.  A different kind of Western (or Mid-Western) for sure.  Set in the 1850s, it primarily focuses on the lives of women on the frontier.  Very dark and bleak.

No I haven't seen this or even heard of it.

Was this a made for TV movie?

Judy M

ReplyQuote
judymcl
(@judymcl)
Member Admin

It's a new movie that's in limited release in select cities now.  I'm not sure when it opens in wide release.

Judy M

ReplyQuote
judymcl
(@judymcl)
Member Admin

I will keep an eye out for this.  Thanks TV Fan.

Judy M

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/05/2017 8:34 pm
Share: