Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Alfred Hitchcocks The Birds 1963  

RSS
wildwest
(@wildwest)
Illustrious Member Ranch Hand, Alumni

just saw The Birds on the big screen again. It looked like a Rifleman reunion.

Lonny Chapman ran the diner, Richard Deacon, Karl Swenson and Bill Quinn was in the diner (no dialogue)

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Posted : 26/07/2020 9:34 am
Zanza
(@zanza)
Honorable Member

I've been watching Arrest and Trial and it's like old home week. Nils the blacksmith is in almost every episode because he owns the Shakespeare restaurant, John Egan's favorite place to eat. Chuck plays Egan, the lawyer, and it's fun to see him banter with Nils over cocktails. Sweeney the bartender was in an episode as a judge.

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2020 9:59 am
wildwest
(@wildwest)

thats great. I love to see our Rifleman actors in other stuff. I see Sweeney in a lot of Westerns and he usually is the bartender

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 5:17 am
Duchess McCain
(@duchess-mccain)
Estimable Member

Jon Hamilton! I saw the episode of Andy Griffith "Opie and the Spoiled Kid" before I saw the Rifleman. In that he plays a distant, rich father of a spoiled brat that Andy helps put on the straight and narrow. But I love Hamilton's character and was glad that he was a regular.

If you climb in the saddle be ready for the ride.Duchess McCain :coolcowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 9:33 am
wildwest
(@wildwest)

I saw that episode too. i have seen John in other Westerns. I have a question....it seemed to me like John had an accent in the Rifleman that I did not notice in other shows. did anyone else notice this?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 8:48 am
Zanza
(@zanza)
Honorable Member

I saw that episode too. i have seen John in other Westerns. I have a question....it seemed to me like John had an accent in the Rifleman that I did not notice in other shows. did anyone else notice this?

Yes. He had a bit of Irish or Scottish in his voice for North Fork. I always wondered about that.

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 9:19 am
Share: