Skip to toolbar
Notifications
Clear all

Tension - episode #45  

RSS
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Admin

This grave is from 'Tension' - this is Clemmie's grave.

I know they did this back then..... But..... Why would they hang their gun & hat like that out in the open?  Anyone could come along and take them?  We know Clemmie's father takes his gun and ends up wearing it because we see him put it on. But what if they didn't come along first?
Shouldn't they really have taken Clemmie's stuff back & gave it to the Micah?

"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Posted : 17/05/2017 5:42 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

I wonder if they really did that. While someone's hat might not be very inviting if it was dirty and sweaty and all (and hats must have been back then) the gun would have been something anyone would be able to use and would just take.

BTW when they buried guys and left their boots on the grave, does anyone know why that was? I suspect it is because the tanned leather in the boots would protect the dead person's lower legs and feet from decomposing along with the rest of his body. To make sure he didn't end up as just a pair of feet in boots under the ground, they took his boots off and left them topside.

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Speaking of Clemmie Martin...that was Dean Stanton who later became Harry Dean Stanton and did a lot of movie work in the 80's...Repo Man and Pretty in Pink and Wild at Heart.... But I know you know that.

He was in a funny episode of Andy Griffith when Howard leaves Mayberry to start a new life on a tropical island.

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Hey rooster, I wouldn't want to wear any of those hats back then.  I'm sure they would be left behind!  😉

Did any of you see him in "The Avengers?"  Harry Dean Stanton as the Security Guard.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 5:43 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Cowgirl, Thanks for the info re: Harry Dean Stanton in "The Avengers." My daughter is a a huge Avengers fan & she remembered Harry Dean's role in it, though she hadn't realized he was also Clemmie. We're going to re-watch Avengers over her Christmas break. I'll look out for the security guard to see how Clemmie might have looked if he hadn't died young. I'm fascinated to see Rifleman actors in other roles. I recently watched "Move Over Darling" in which Chuck has a smallish but great part. The judge is played by Edgar Buchanan (was he the first Doc Burrage?) and steals each scene he has! I also recently saw "North by Northwest" for the first time. I think it has at least 5-6 actors who also appeared in Rifleman. It was made during Rifleman's run so the actors were easily recognizable. I can't find & list all the actors & Rifleman episodes now, but the actor who played Corporal Troc and the one who played Walt once and the father of the deaf/mute woman another time are in it. Rifleman really did draw top acting talent!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 5:43 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Another film with a lot of Rifleman alumni... is The Birds. I wonder which film has the most Rifleman alumni? Maybe it is North By Northwest. Wow you're right the film had Adam Williams (like you said), Martin Landau, Lawrence Dobkin, Josephine Hutchinson (The Prodigal), Patrick McVey (Hawk, Quiet Fear) and Ken Lynch (Letter of the Law).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 5:44 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

The judge is played by Edgar Buchanan (was he the first Doc Burrage?)

Here is the link to the page on Doc Burrage.....

http://www.riflemanconnors.com/Doc_Burrage.htm

It will show you all of the doctors that was on The Rifleman.

There were two doctors before Doc Burrage came along as you will see.

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

This is probably too much information for many, but I had some time & checked the North by Northwest credits on IMDb. I counted 17 people who appeared in both North & Rifleman. The first nine listed actually appeared in North's credits: Josephine Hutchinson, Martin Landau, Adam Williams, Edward Platt, Robert Ellenstein, Les Tremayne, Patrick McVey, Edward Binns, and Ken Lynch. The rest had much smaller roles in North & I don't think I recognized them when I watched the movie. Cowgirl, thanks for the link to the Doc Burrage page. I'm so glad for this site because there's no way I could remember a fraction of all this information!

ReplyQuote
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Cowgirl, I did re-watch Avengers over the holiday- thanks for the heads up about Harry Dean Stanton (Clemmie in Tension). We enjoyed the security guard scene even more knowing we were seeing "Old Clemmie!"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 5:45 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Cowgirl, I did re-watch Avengers over the holiday- thanks for the heads up about Harry Dean Stanton (Clemmie in Tension). We enjoyed the security guard scene even more knowing we were seeing "Old Clemmie!"

Hey Ava, I had to laugh when I saw this post.  I loved it!  

I got "The Avengers" & "Captain America" for Christmas.  I mean the DVD!   😉  

I took a picture of Harry for you and was just going to post this after I finished reading the posts.

There was so many funny scenes in this movie.  The one that sticks out the most to me is near the end when they think Iron Man is dead and the Hulk roars!   smiley_girllaughing

How about you?  Anybody!

I just love all of these characters and of course the special effects!

Who is your favorite super hero/Avenger?

I love them all!  I know that cheating!  I would have to say Iron Man, but I certainly enjoy all of them especially together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 5:46 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

My favorite scene is when (spoiler alert) Hulk smashes Loki, who has just called himself a god, then Hulk says "Puny god!" My daughter's a big Avengers fan & has read a bunch of "behind the scenes" stuff. She said that Tom Hiddleston (Loki) had a hard time getting through the groaning scene after being smashed, because he kept laughing! My favorite Avengers heroes are Hulk & Captain America, at least with the current actors. (Cowgirl, did you know that around early April Amazon is releasing a special Avengers 10 disc boxed set, with lots of extras?) Thanks for the Harry Dean Stanton pic! I also really like Superman, because my son went through a big Superman phase when he was small.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:14 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

My favorite scene is when (spoiler alert) Hulk smashes Loki, who has just called himself a god, then Hulk says "Puny god!"

Oh I just love that scene!  I have seen some interviews from the stars and I do remember this.  

I just love the Hulk & Captain America!  This is like "Which Rifleman is your favorite?"  It is really hard to choose!
(Cowgirl, did you know that around early April Amazon is releasing a special Avengers 10 disc boxed set, with lots of extras?)

No I didn't know this, I'm going to check this out.  I know I want to get some of the others like Thor, but I think I'll check this out.

I love extras!
I also really like Superman, because my son went through a big Superman phase when he was small.

This is so funny!  The same thing with my grandson.  Every year we still get him some neat Superman stuff!  Wrapping paper & bags also.  We can't wait until the new Superman comes out this year.  We are hoping to get some memorabilia.

I did check out some of the 'new' Superman on the web.  I could be wrong, but it looks like it might be a bit dark, like in the dark night?  He really has some neat costumes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:14 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Yes, I've heard the new Superman movie is "darker" in tone, so the costume is darker to keep with the theme. I don't know much about the new actor, but from the pics I've seen, he sure looks the part!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:15 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Why would they hang their gun & hat like that out in the open?
Anyone could come along and take them?
We know Clemmie's father takes his gun and ends up wearing it

You answered your own question!  😀

Had they not hung it there, the old man wouldn't have strapped it on...

Like we spoke of before, many times things are in the show
"for" the show, and not so much depicting actual occurrences...

How many times do we see people gunned down,
and then everyone just takes off, talking, smiling, and leaving
the body laying in the street.
Or worse.... in Lucas' front yard! 🙄

Dan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:15 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)