Welcome to the North Fork Western Museum  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Admin

The Challenge

I just had to add this to this section.  

To quote Micah talking to Jake Pardee: “You think your purely the devil's’ own delight, don’t you son?”  

“Your season’s about over.  The five years you’ve been locked away could just as easily been 500!  Soon they’ll be stuffing men like you to put in a museum.  Underneath, they’ll put up a sign: Western Bad man is extinct.  Have your fun now.  You don’t have much longer.”  

Jake Pardee in a museum, the North Fork Museum!    smiley_rollonfloor

"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:23 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Wow what a great bit of dialogue...Micah was the best and his delivery was first rate.

Wood Bartel's black snake...

Artemus Quarles sword. He threw that at Lucas.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:24 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

'The Second Witness' - Lyman Special

Here are the spec for the museum.....

The telescopic rifle used in this episode was a Lyman Special ~ ten power scope ~ full windage ~ elevation knobs. Optics, best made in Europe.
The first modern telescopic rifle was developed in Germany around 1880 - I.E. about the time the episode is set. U.S. made telescopic sites had been around since the 1840's - they were long, running the full length of the barrel (which was shown in the episode), they were heavy, awkward, cumbersome etc. Telescope makers were capable, of course, of making high powered telescopes, but mid-19th century US scopes were usually relatively low power (2.5 to 3x or whatever - - usually nowhere near the 10x described in the episode).  Thanks Renewed Fan!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:24 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Artemus Quarles' sword. He threw that at Lucas.

How about when Mark was in Artemus' wagon and he came across that sword?

How about Artemus' arsenal of weapons?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:25 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Can we include the bone that Lucas sharpened on the rock in The Prisoner. If it weren't for that he would never have escaped. I wonder what the major and Troc were planning to do with Lucas after being out there for months and months?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:26 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Can we include the bone that Lucas sharpened on the rock in The Prisoner. If it weren't for that he would never have escaped.

This is a very good contribution to the museum!  😆
I wonder what the major and Troc were planning to do with Lucas after being out there for months and months?

Well whatever it was, it wasn't nice at all!!!!!  I think they would have tormented him & kill him slowly.  

They should never leave Lucas with one breathe!  Because revenge can be sweet!  Especially for Lucas, a good example is 'Trail of Hate!'

How many times has Lucas gotten his revenge?

I have two items here for the price of one.....

Mark's guitar & Sally's shaw

Oh and what about that kiss?  We can preserve it with this picture!  smiley_girllaughing

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:26 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

That's a great publicity shot of Cheryl and Johnny. Wonder if they had feelings for each other....

I remember when he threatened to get revenge in Home Ranch....
I'll be waitin' out in the brush every time you step out the door! I'll kill your stock and I'll burn your barn! I'm gonna pay you back Mr. Jackford! Now what's it gonna be?" He really showed one side of himself in that episode that we rarely saw.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:27 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

A water urn/cooler in The Apprentice Sheriff

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:27 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Although we never named this thingamajig I just had to add that here to the museum!

Notice the barrel setting between Hattie & Micah.  The sign reads 'salted crackers.'  Did they really keep crackers in a barrel back then?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:28 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Well we know Hattie kept a barrel of apples but you've heard of a cracker barrel so they probably had crackers that must have gotten stale. They they would have to go to the saloon to wet their whistle.

Just found this great quote...""Giving up drinking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times."

-- Mark Twain

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:28 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Well we know Hattie kept a barrel of apples but you've heard of a cracker barrel so they probably had crackers that must have gotten stale. They they would have to go to the saloon to wet their whistle.

You are so cleaver markisddg!  smiley_girllaughing

Good quote from Mark Twain!  smiley_cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:29 am
Cowgirl
(@cowgirl)

Speaking of wetting your whistle...I just found this out about beer in the western saloon. I wondered how they could have drunk warm beer.

Saloons also served up volumes of beer, but in those days the beer was never ice cold, usually served at 55 to 65 degrees. Though the beer had a head, it wasn't sudsy as it is today. Patrons had to knock back the beer in a hurry before it got too warm or flat. It wasn't until the 1880's that Adolphus Busch introduced artificial refrigeration and pasteurization to the U.S. brewing process, launching Budweiser as a national brand. Before then, folks in the Old West didn't expect their beer to be cold, accustomed to the European tradition of beer served at room temperature.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/05/2017 6:29 am
swede
(@swede)

I have acquired a COLT SAA barrel and cylinder that has been engraved with " NORTH FORK RANCH" on the left side of the barrel. I plan on making a complete revolver with parts I have, then finish engraving the entire gun. This gun will probably end up in the museum. 1 have been engraving guns for THE ROY ROGERS & DALE EVANS HAPPY TRAILS CHILDREN'S FOUNDATION for their annual raffle, for the past 23 years. Conrad

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2020 8:09 pm
wildwest
(@wildwest)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Ranch Hand, Alumni

That is just SO COOL

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2020 8:30 am
Judy
 Judy
(@judy)
Micah Torrance Ranch Hand, Alumni

Hello Conrad/Swede, welcome to the ranch. I hope you will find this an enjoyable place to be.

Engraving guns; that is so interesting. Would you mind posting some of your work for us?

In remembrance of my beloved son: "Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish, meaning "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ by TobyMac ( https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2020 8:30 am
Page 2 / 3
Share: