Skip to toolbar
Notifications
Clear all

Lucas's contemporaries  

RSS
Dana2020
(@dana2020)
Reputable Member Alumni

According to my Rifleman 'rithmatic , Lucas was born about the early to mid-1840's. Let's name some real or fictional people who were roughly Lucas's she. I'll start: Scarlett O'Hara.

Posted : 28/07/2020 6:46 pm
Judy
 Judy
(@judy)
Micah Torrance Ranch Hand, Alumni

Isabella Stewart Gardner

In remembrance of my beloved son: "Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish, meaning "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ by TobyMac ( https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 8:23 pm
Duchess McCain
(@duchess-mccain)
Razor Alumni

Friedrich Nietzsche was born in 1844. It's kind of strange thinking of him being the same age as Lucas. . .

A well appreciated composer, Edvard Grieg, was also born around that time.

If you climb in the saddle be ready for the ride.Duchess McCain :coolcowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 10:16 pm
Duchess McCain
(@duchess-mccain)
Razor Alumni

Ok, Dana. You started something.
1847 was a very interesting year! Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell were born not even a month apart.
Jesse James was also born this year.
And Bram Stoker, the author of Dracula

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 10:24 pm
wildwest
(@wildwest)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Ranch Hand, Alumni

Annie Oakley born 1860 wouldn't that be a match up!! shooting competitions

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2020 8:24 am
lilyrose
(@lilyrose)
Gunfighter

That's so cool Dana!

With a smile on my face, I wake up to a brand new day.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2020 8:37 am
Dana2020
(@dana2020)
Reputable Member Alumni

I saw the new David Copperfield movie today-excellent. Probably some historical/ literary license, but David Copperfield was about three years older than Lucas.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/09/2020 8:03 pm
wildwest
(@wildwest)
Lucas McCain/The Rifleman Ranch Hand, Alumni

I have been wanting to see that one ... I will definitely since you said it was good

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on." (Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2020 10:14 am
Dana2020
(@dana2020)
Reputable Member Alumni

I thought the film was great! Hugh Laurie deserves an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Mr. Dick.

Awful confession of a bookworm: I have never read David Copperfield. However, I have read Oliver Twist, Great Expectations, A Christmas Carol, A Tale of Two Cities, and Bleak House.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2020 2:24 pm
Dana2020
(@dana2020)
Reputable Member Alumni

Friedrich Nietzsche was born in 1844. It's kind of strange thinking of him being the same age as Lucas. . .

A well appreciated composer, Edvard Grieg, was also born around that time.

In addition to Edvard Grieg, composers Anton Dvorak and Piotr Tchaikovsky were also roughly Lucas's age.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2020 2:00 pm
Duchess McCain
(@duchess-mccain)
Razor Alumni

Grieg, Dvorak, Tchaikovsky . . . such wonderful composers! Let's add Mendelssohn, Chopin, and Schubert and you have a list of my favorite Romantic composers. I'm so in love with Romantic music that my piano instructor banned me from playing any more Romantic pieces until I had branched out into other styles/periods. 😛

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2020 4:20 pm
Dana2020
(@dana2020)
Reputable Member Alumni

Noted Shakespearean actress Ellen Terry was born in 1847.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/09/2020 8:37 pm
Share: