Notifications
Clear all

Stargazer's Midnight Musings  

Page 1 / 6
  RSS
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

*If you wish to post comments to these stories, you can do so by clicking on Post Reply. Please be sure to list the episode you are commenting on.....

Stargazer's Midnight Musings

Why the title? Well, I'm a night owl and, as Deanne can attest, I do my best writing late at night. Living vicariously in the 1880's through Lucas McCain and his son, Mark, here are my stories about the Rifleman including "The Test" and "Shadow of Vengeance." There's more to come and I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I do writing them.

Shadow of Vengeance - parts I thru IV

Lucas and Mark thought they had seen the last of this vicious outlaw, but he keeps coming back to terrorize and haunt them.

The Test

Lucas had reservations about leaving his son alone, but he knew Micah would keep watch over the boy. Little did they know of the dangers awaiting Mark and the trial they all would face.

The Writer’s Corner
Fan Fiction/Table of Contents

Posted : 15/07/2020 3:21 pm
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

WONDERFUL !!!

I enjoyed reading every word.  I hope you'll write more stories for us soon, Stargazer.

I love how you turned this to Lucas learning a lesson.  See, it's not always the child who can learn "life's lessons”.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2020 3:22 pm
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

Thanks for the encouragement, BWF!  I have a couple of ideas for more...just need to take pen to paper, er...fingers to keyboard.  😉

ReplyQuote
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

Well believe it or not, I finally got to read this story!

I loved it!  This is really good!  Although I enjoyed it all there is a few things that caught my attention more and that is Micah stopped the doc from saying anything further, “He’s a strong boy, Doc.  Lucas doesn’t realize just how strong he is.  He always says that Mark is like his mother.  Well, maybe he is…but he also has a lot of Lucas in him.  He’s going to pull through this.  We just…we just need to give him some more time.” 

I love how you turned this to Lucas learning a lesson.  See, it's not always the child who can learn "life's lessons".

The Test was really for Lucas, love it!  The test of letting go & leaving Mark room enough to grow.  What a neat twist!

Now onto SHADOW OF VENGEANCE!

ReplyQuote
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

A cliffhanger!!!  Stargazer this is really good.

Enjoy Thanksgiving with your family and friends, then please, write Part 2.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2020 3:24 pm
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

Thank you very much, Deanne.  It means a lot coming from you!  And, thanks for your input!  

Part II is in the works...but first I have to bake the pumpkin pies, and make the cranberry relish, then the mashed potatoes...have everyone over for dinner...go shpping on Friday...have leftovers...go the the craft fair on Saturday...visit more family...

oh, you get the idea!   😆

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2020 3:24 pm
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

Wow!  Okay, Stargazer, you will have to CANCEL Thanksgiving at your house!  You can't do anything else until you tell me how this ended!!!!!!!

Don't leave me hanign - this is G-O-O-D!!!

And here I thought Bantry was dead...I guess you never know who's gonna come back...

Oh, did I mention I like this story?  😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2020 3:25 pm
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

Michelle,

Now you know how we feel when you leave us hanging with Mark's Memories!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2020 3:25 pm
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

Part II is in the works...but first I have to bake the pumpkin pies, and make the cranberry relish, then the mashed potatoes...have everyone over for dinner...go shopping on Friday...have leftovers...go the the craft fair on Saturday...visit more family...

So the pumpkin pies has been baked, the cranberry relish was made, the potatoes were mashed...everyone's been over for dinner...Friday's shopping is done...leftovers have been eaten (1st round)...the craft fair exhibition is over with...the family has been visited...

Okay, so what's left? --  Working on Part II?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2020 3:26 pm
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

Ummm...I still have one day left of the holiday weekend!

ReplyQuote
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

Okay, the day is done and night has fallen!  Since you're a night owl,

Pa-leez????  (aka please?)

ReplyQuote
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

Patience is a virtue!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2020 3:27 pm
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

Ok, you two...I'm writing, I'm writing!

ReplyQuote
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

Whew!

ReplyQuote
Morgan
(@morgan)
Prominent Member

Me too, but I have a little complication - Dakota!!!  For some reason, he wants "mom" time...so my latest Mark's Memory may have to wait!!!  It's worth waiting for  😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2020 3:28 pm
Page 1 / 6
Share: