Zanza's Watering Hole
*If you wish to post comments to these stories, you can do so by clicking on Post Reply. Please be sure to list the episode you are commenting on.....
Zanza's Watering Hole
1. The Way Home ― An alternate ending to Outlaw's Shoes, where Luke rides out of Red Creek still not knowing who he really is. Mark must follow and try to jog his father's memory by recalling important moments from their past.
2. Foreboding ― A near-death experience gives Mark a strange vision that something bad is going to happen to Luke.
Dedicated to Wildwest, who baked me a cherry pie when I first rode in.
3. The Pinkerton - Mark is convinced that a strange woman in North Fork has come to town to rob the stagecoach.
4. What Dreams May Come - Luke loses the will to live after seeing Mark's grave.
5. The Slicker and The Sodbuster - Mark gets kidnapped when he's mistaken for the son of a rich man.
6. So Shines a Good Deed ― The McCains make a friend when Mark saves the life of a young man bitten by a rattlesnake.
7. Serpent's Tooth ― Mark falls in with a bad crowd when he leaves home after getting in a fight with Luke.
8. The Good Samaritan ― Luke gets in trouble with the townspeople when he takes in a wounded gypsy.
9. What Fools Some Mortals Be ― The Jackmans come up with a scheme to get rich quick.
10. Daring to Forgive ― Mark and Luke must find a way to get past the events of None So Blind, where Mark sought revenge on a veterinarian and almost got Luke killed.
11. All Profound Affection — A Rifleman/Star Trek crossover where Luke makes a nightmare bargain to keep Mark safe. Dedicated to Lilyrose!
12. A New and Better Life ― Duke Jennings returns to North Fork looking for Miss Bertie.
13. The Return of Earl Bantry ― A woman out for revenge on Earl Bantry mistakes Luke for the outlaw.
Zanza’s Holiday Stories
'Twas the Night Before Christmas in North Fork
These stories are based on the TV series Gunsmoke
1. A Brother's Blood ― A Gunsmoke story in which Festus Haggen helps out when Miss Kitty's bartender, Sam Noonan, finds his past coming back to haunt him.
2. Kitty Makes up Her Mind - Kitty didn't like Festus when he first rode into town but an incident at the Longbranch changes her mind.
3. As Long as I Live ― Chester catches a killer out for revenge on Matt.
4. Alibi Haggen ― Festus' cousin comes to town with a secret that could blow the lid off Dodge.
5. Letty ― Festus takes an orphaned girl under his wing with a little help from Doc.
6. Helping Hands ― Festus helps out when Ma Smalley breaks her leg.
The Writer’s Corner
Fan Fiction/Table of Contents
Zanza, please write more stories! I have read all of yours that you posted in the Writer's Corner except for Gunsmoke. I've never watched Gunsmoke...
I would love to see more stories about Mark and Lucas please!
I've got some more coming. :happycowboy:
This was really beautiful, Zanza. 😀 I felt like it really highlighted the teamwork and relationship between them. Mark would never give up on Lucas.
Zanza....thanks very much for writing this story of our beloved McCains. Have you been a professional writer? you would have been a great script writer. how long did it take for you to write this? I was actually seeing the episode unfold in my mind while reading it. yes Mark did see a lot for a young boy but it was probably common in the west.
loved your attention to details...calling him 'the big man' and using Marks love of candy and the pie in the face. It was just great!! Keep those 'writing juices' flowing!!
I'm a published author. I can send you a link to my Amazon page if you like. This story just seemed to write itself after reading the thread about Luke's playful side. I could just see him huffing and puffing at Mark for being worried about something so silly and then messing with his son over cherry pie.
That was so good, Zanza! You had me feeling like I was in the twilight zone for a bit, but you brought it all to light so well! Thank you for all the hard work you put into that story. :grinning-cowboy:
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. :happycowboy:
YAYYY!! Finally a new one!!!
This sounds like a great story!! I saw an episode of one of my favorite (and only modern) shows, Murdoch Mysteries, that has a similar story line. Two boys playing together, the one kidnapped is the poor boy, but a high randsom is demanded. I really liked that episode, so I can't wait to read a similar story with Mark!
I love Murdoch's Mysteries and that episode was an influence but there's a twist! I hope you like it.
I can't believe there's another Murdoch fan on here! :grinning-cowboy: I know it's very popular, but I haven't met any fans near me.
I just read the story and it was brilliant! Very funny! Definitely an adventure, but also plenty light hearted. I loved your use of the word "lark."