Notifications
Clear all

Zanza's Watering Hole  

Page 6 / 6
  RSS
Morgan
(@morgan)
Trail Boss Ranch Hand

The way Stargazer wrote the story worked with the episode, but I don’t remember how Stargazer exactly framed it. Both stories were well done either way!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2020 11:33 am
Morgan
(@morgan)
Trail Boss Ranch Hand

I'm having writer's block so I'm having a really hard time writing now...

Keep at it, you’ll have a breakthrough eventually! Sometimes I find it helpful to write the climax first and work from there. Other times I’ll write a few climatic scenes that don’t have a story attached to them, just to get my creative juice flowing. Then there are times you just have to write, no matter how bad it seems, and come back to fix it later.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2020 11:39 am
lilyrose
(@lilyrose)
Gunfighter

Thanks Morgan!

Actually, I'm writing right now! So I guess I'm cured! 😉

My story is super sad.... so, I have to keep myself from crying.

With a smile on my face, I wake up to a brand new day.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2020 11:45 am
Zanza
(@zanza)
Gunfighter

I'm having writer's block so I'm having a really hard time writing now...

Keep at it, you’ll have a breakthrough eventually! Sometimes I find it helpful to write the climax first and work from there. Other times I’ll write a few climatic scenes that don’t have a story attached to them, just to get my creative juice flowing. Then there are times you just have to write, no matter how bad it seems, and come back to fix it later.
That's the thing about writing. Just get it down, then when you reread it you'll see how to fix it. Sometimes when I'm stuck I literally write something like "Luke got up and then him and Mark went and did stuff." For this story about Earl Bantry I took a page from Dickens' Christmas Carol. "Earl Bantry was dead: to begin with. There is no doubt whatever, about that, but he showed up in North Fork anyway." :laughingcowboy: Terrible. Just awful, but after I read that a couple of times and rewatched the episode, it suddenly came to me how he could be "resurrected" in a manner of speaking.

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2020 11:55 am
lilyrose
(@lilyrose)
Gunfighter

Wow, Zanza. Just finished reading the story.
Wonderful. just wonderful. Brought tears to my eyes. :surprisedcowboy:
I think when I first watched the bantry episode... I actually had a nightmare about him. :worriedcowboy:

The story I'm working on is really good compared to my other ones... I really liked it... I hope you guys like it. I won't tell you what's its about though unless you really wanna know! :coolcowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2020 12:18 pm
Morgan
(@morgan)
Trail Boss Ranch Hand

I won't tell you what's its about though unless you really wanna know! :coolcowboy:

I guess since it's up now, I'll just go ahead and read it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2020 2:01 pm
lilyrose
(@lilyrose)
Gunfighter

Oh, sure. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2020 2:36 pm
Zanza
(@zanza)
Gunfighter

Happy Halloween! Read all about Mark and Freddie keeping tabs on a stranger in North Fork that they think is a vampire.

https://www.riflemanconnors.com/writers_corner/Zanzas_Corner/vampire.htm

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2020 8:58 am
lilyrose
(@lilyrose)
Gunfighter

Can't wait to read it, Zanza even though I don't do Halloween I'll still read it. 😉 :grinning-cowboy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2020 9:39 am
Zanza
(@zanza)
Gunfighter

Hope you like it!

<><

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2020 10:28 am
Page 6 / 6
Share: